The UGC NET Exam is conducted in two stages, Paper 1 and Paper 2 for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). As per the student feedback, the UGC NET exam was a balanced mix of easy and trick questions. The DI questions were on a more manageable level, whereas Higher education was challenging for a few students.
The accuracy and pace of solving the paper play a vital role in the overall performance and standard of examination. Below you can find detailed exam analysis of the NTA UGC NET Exam 2020 conducted on 24 September 2020.
NTA UGC NET Exam Highlights 2020
Almost all the exam centres took proper precautions regarding the safety of the candidates while streamlining the exam process. Check the significant highlights of the exam below.
- Teaching Aptitude and Research Aptitude was of moderate and tough level, respectively. There were highly conceptual questions. Students with a good understanding of the topics could solve them efficiently.
- Students struggled with few questions of Reading Comprehension as they were lengthy and statement-based.
- Questions in the Logical Analysis section and Data Interpretation sections were easy to solve.
- Communication section questions were of moderate level.
- Total of 3 hours was given in which the student could attempt any section anytime making it convenient for the applicants.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2020
|Paper||Number of questions||Total Marks|
Find complete UGC NET Exam Analysis for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 at Gradeup. The detailed paper analysis contains all the information about the expected cutoff, section-wise difficulty level, topic weightage for each section, good number of attempts and more.
UGC NET Exam Analysis: Questions asked
Check out the number of questions asked from each topic in today’s UGC NET Exam.
|Higher Education||3 to 4|
UGC NET Exam 2020 Important Takeaways
- It is important to note that you must utilise your time wisely while solving the paper as many candidates struggled with a few lengthy questions.
- Revise and practice topics under Teaching Aptitude in a proper manner as you could see high weightage of such questions.
- The paper had a combination of significantly tricky and straightforward questions. You must solve numerous UGC NET mock tests to ensure that you are exam ready.
- The paper had a fair share of conceptual based questions; hence revision of the syllabus is crucial.
- Reach the centre in advance to avoid last-minute commotion and carry the requisite documents.
Find out how you did, and candidates awaiting their exam, must take a lesson and revise the syllabus accordingly.